JPAC's 7th production is Fame The Musical, and we're going to make an open audition on Sunday 22 May 2016. The audition details are below :
- Audition is from 12-5 PM for, both for male and female cast
- Please review each character before filling out the form
- There are 3 stages of auditions; Singing audition (12-2 PM), Acting audition (2-4 PM), and Dancing audition (4-5 PM)
- You will have to take all the audition stages
- Singing audition : you will sing 2 songs from the 3 songs that have been provided (based on gender). The songs must be memorized
- Acting audition : scripts will be available at audition
- Dancing audition : the choreography will be taught at the audition
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring your own food and drinks
- We will start on time so please be there at least 30 mins early. You may miss your turn if you arrive late.
AUDITION SONGS (click the song title to watch the reference)
- Nick Piazza - A serious classical actor. He has a secret romantic interest in Serena.
- Serena Katz - A "shy" actress . Has romantic interest in Nick. Nerdy but is very talented.
- Joe (José ) Vegas - Spanish acting student who is the comic of the show. Comes from a bad home and is dealt the bad hand. Does not handle his sexual feelings well.
- Tyrone Jackson - He is a hip hop dancer who is "talented but dyslexic" and comes from a poor family.
- Carmen Diaz - She is a dancer, confident and determined to make it big. She is obsessed with fame and is confident in her abilities.
- Iris Kelly - A talented ballet dancer who is believed to be extremely wealthy although it is later revealed (in the amateur and schools edition of the script) that she is not. She appears stuck up but is actually insecure.
- Mabel Washington - A dancer and singer who is overweight and trying to lose weight "but can't resist food.
- Schlomo Metzenbaum - A quiet, saintly classical pianist, who sets up the rock band, and takes on the role of care-taker to his classmates. Schlomo comes from a musical background, with a father who is a famous violinist. Schlomo is fed up from the strain of being expected to do well and wishes to rebel. Must know how to play the piano or keyboard.
- Grace 'Lambchops' Lamb - A "rock chick and tomboy" who is the drummer for Schlomo's band. Does not take school "seriously.“
- Goodman 'Goody' King - A musician who is in Schlomo's band. Sarcastic yet sensitive at times.
- Miss Esther Sherman - A strict, old-fashioned and academic English teacher who loves her students, despite the fact that she comes down hard on them.
- Ms. Greta Bell - A dance teacher who likes different styles of dance and is "protective" of the students.
- Mr. Myers - The drama teacher. Is a "father-figure" to Joe and is encouraging of the students.
- Mr. Sheinkopf - German Music tutor who loves classical music but does not like "rock and roll.